Dismantling Racism Trainings
- Dismantling Racism training seeks to increase "racial understanding, healing and reconciliation." It is offered several times throughout the year and is required for all parish clergy and all lay leaders, including vestry members. Training are offered by the Absalom Jones Center for Racial Healing.
The training was adjusted in 2012 to "reflect the fruit of several conversations that the commission has conducted," said Dr. Catherine Meeks of Riverdale, commission chair. "We have wanted to re-frame the training in a way that makes the experience a part of the ongoing spiritual formation of the participants," she said.
Training, required of all clergy and lay leaders, runs for a single day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Although there is no charge to take the training, pre-registration is requested no later than one week in advance.
The 2019 Dismantling Racism Schedule:
- March 16 - St. Dunstan's (Atlanta)
- March 25 - St. George's (Griffin)
- April 6 - St. Luke's (Atlanta)
- April 25 - St. Phillip's Cathedral (Atlanta)
- May 25 - Annunciation (Marietta)
- June 1 - St. Paul's (Augusta)
- June 29 - St. Martin in the Fields (Atlanta)
- July 27 - St. Alban's Episcopal Church (Monroe, GA) map
- August 24 - All Saints' Episcopal Church (Warner Robins, GA) map
- September 28 - Trinity Episcopal Church (Columbus, GA) map
- October 12 - St. Michael and All Angels (Stone Mountain) map
- November 2 - St. Andrew's Episcopal Church (Peachtree City) map Registration Closed
CLASSES WILL RESUME IN 2020. Have a blessed and safe holiday season!
For more information and to register for a training class, email Sandra Tarver at email@example.com (include the name of your parish and your position e.g. Rector, Asst. Minister, Vestry, Sr. Warden, etc.).